Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I am a bit confused. I am getting a new Deilirum and know it takes a 10 x 135 rear hub. I ran a 10mm RWS skewer on my old DT and was going to get some new wheels, I was going to get Hope's laced to Mavic 721's with the bolt up rear axle. I just picked up some support sponsorship through Hookit.com from Azonic/Leatt and can get an outlaw wheelset dirt cheap but they only come with a QR or a 12mm x 135 rear bolt on axle which wont work on a Delirium correct? I also got some support from Hayes Bicycle Group and can get Sun Ringle wheels dirt cheap as well but again QR or 12mm x 135mm. I wont use a standard QR on the rear, just not secure enough or stiff enough. For those of you that post videos and do reviews etc., even local races. You should check out Hookit.com, create a profile (its free) and send out a few sponsorship requests, the companies are pretty liberal about giving varying levels of sponsorship, usually its about 35-50% off retail and you buy it directly from their "hook it" internet store.

·
Biking Like Crazy!
1,454 Posts
You'll need to get the Azonic Momentum Axle which is 12mm but
steps down to 10mm at the drop-out area.
Cost $15! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought that might work

Looks like a boat anchor though, doesnt look very clean either. Would much rather have a "fun bolt" like attachment.

·
Biking Like Crazy!
1,454 Posts
craigstr said:
Looks like a boat anchor though, doesnt look very clean either. Would much rather have a "fun bolt" like attachment.
Yeah I know! I forgot to add that it was big time heavy! lol

AND then you need to carry a crecent wrench on top of that! :mad:

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Talk to Chris

They do have the 12mm thru axle, you'll just have to ask them to make it. It wasn't available when I bought mine and none of the Knolly guys use them. They should be able to get it for you!?

·
Registered
692 Posts
My mistake, I was assuming OP was going back to the HOPE option and didn't want to use the QR axle.

Not that it helps any but i've been running the above axle for 8 years + Its one of the few components that has been transposed from bike to bike since. Very content with its durability.

·
formerly shabadu
961 Posts
Knolly should have 12mm dropouts available for the delirium. I got them for a customer of ours. They do cost a little extra.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I have a 12x135 thru-axle on my Delirium. I think it's something like $100 for the dropouts and axle at the time of purchase (not sure how much after the fact).

·
biking is fun
2,365 Posts
I got my delirium back in october/november and they didn't have any of the 12x135 dropouts available. It was an option though so if you buy a new one they will let you choose (again if they have them). They did say though that their entire team is running QR with no problems.

The step down axles are pretty heavy and chew up your dropouts. I had the azonic one for years and it was a pain in the butt to get off sometimes and my dropouts looked like someone took a belt sander to them.

maybe splurge on your wheelset a little to get something that works good (and is probably lighter) you are buying a delirium after all...

·
Biking Like Crazy!
1,454 Posts
climbingbubba said:
The step down axles are pretty heavy and chew up your dropouts. I had the azonic one for years and it was a pain in the butt to get off sometimes and my dropouts looked like someone took a belt sander to them.
Was that from tightening down the nuts!

If so, I'll need to get some washers to shield the dropouts!;)

A lighter, better wheelset would work too! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
Dominator13 said:
They do have the 12mm thru axle, you'll just have to ask them to make it. It wasn't available when I bought mine and none of the Knolly guys use them. They should be able to get it for you!?
When I got mine new I ordered it with the 12x135 thru axle. I'm curious as to why none of the Knolly folk run them. I know the bolts ons are pretty solid but that 12mm is so sturdy and secure.

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Will probably get the Hope/Mavic combo

With the bolt on 10mm rear. IMO, way too many options for rear hub attachment, QR, 10mm, 12 x 135, 12x 150 and now the 142? If I ever deystroy a rear dropout the standard 10mm will be the easiest to get, I had trouble finding a replacement for my old DT in the standard 10mm. Finally got it direct from Knolly after calling a dozen shops.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts