Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will most any shifter/Brake levers ( i have sram shifters and tektro brake levers) work with a 25.4mm bar. im currently running them on a 31.8 mm bar diamater. Will they still fit?

·
Banned
19,198 Posts
wildkyle90 said:
Will most any shifter/Brake levers ( i have sram shifters and tektro brake levers) work with a 25.4mm bar. im currently running them on a 31.8 mm bar diamater. Will they still fit?
Yep , end of bars are 22mm .

·
Old man on a bike
12,395 Posts
SlimTwisted said:
No, you shouldn't need a shim.. There is a degree of adjustability integrated to account for the differences in bar diameter.
What differences? Only the stem clamp area is different (25.4 mm or 31.8 mm), control areas are the same at 22.2mm.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
What. this doesn't look right to you for off-roading, highdelll?

I'm playing with you guys- what I mean by minute differences in diameter is let's say, like my old roommate, you decide to run a carbon fiber shaft that you stole from work that was just slightly larger than spec, or say, like me you cut your own Scott bars down with a hacksaw so that there's more spurs on the end than the average cowboy's boot.
An old roadie move of course was running tape on the bars. This was another example of a slight fluctuation to the bar diameter.
I mean obviously there is a limit to how much increase in bar diameter can be accomplished- but the OP was concerned about requiring shims to get a solid fit which obviously, is nothing to be concerned with.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.