Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Revolution 36mm Wheelset that came with my Bottlerocket is going on a new ride for urban/dirt jumping purposes. Because of the horizontal dropouts on the Azonic Steelhead, I felt safer going with a bolt on axle....

So I bought the 10x135mm bolt on axle direct from Transition, but it won't fit my 10x135mm Revolution hub...?

Is there some sort of conversion kit I need?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, seems strange...I think they might've. I have the quick release skewer that came with the hub... but the axle they sent is obviously quite a bit thicker, and will not fit...

·
Registered
875 Posts
A bit OT, but do keep us posted on how those wheels hold up/perform. I'm going to be getting a set myself for my own BR and would like to know about their tenacity/longevity.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Revolution wheels have held up pretty well so far (ridden hard for more than a year now). You can check the thread I started a few weeks back, but I recently flatted my front rim which my LBS ended up denying labor on for fear of liability...

My friend did his best to hammer out the dent and trued the sucker up, retensioning everything up and the wobble/hop is only slightly noticeable now. I have ordered up a set of Hope Pro 2 to ex823s as I wouldn't want to hit up Whizzler for a week on a set of compromised wheels...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.