Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
No worries. The only stupid question is the one you don't ask. Or, maybe the one you're about to ask... I forget which. ;)

Someone asked this a couple weeks ago in the Gen Discussion forum.
http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?postid=822040#poststop

In true dual slalom you have your own course. You have to make the gates, just like in downhill slalom skiing (I raced this at Sea Otter last weekend).

4x aka mountain cross is a bit different. You are all (4) on the same course. (FWIW, I raced 4x at Snowshoe, Durango, and Mammoth).

·
Registered
839 Posts
Uhhh...radar has picked up a bogey bearing vector..

I hate to be the one obvious alpha male out of the group but did you guys happen to notice one of the above posts was a chick?? That Races. Races Mountain bikes. Skuse me whilst I go check her profile for pics. >=)

·
Say Car Ramrod!!
1,823 Posts
4x is a type of racing i suck at i found out at sea otter, i am getting a bmx bike to go practice on and hopefully get better.

·
Registered
683 Posts
The Dude said:
4x is a type of racing i suck at i found out at sea otter, i am getting a bmx bike to go practice on and hopefully get better.
Good for you for going to the BMX track! :) It will help you with gates and sprinting, etc. You can use your mtn bike there if you want.

If this year's Sea Otter was your first 4X course... you still haven't really raced 4x. I heard that due to heavy rains they couldn't build it like they wanted; the tractors kept sinking in the bogs. The course was something of a downhill run.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.