Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys.

I`m relatively new to this paypal stuff. I did buy some items from Chris, to be shipped to a friend of mine that is in the Unitated States, I had buy them from my country. During the paypal process of creating my account and all that I made the mistake to write the shipping address as my billing address. I clicked "buy" and the transaction was done. Now I sent an e-mail (inmediatly after the DOHHH! thing) to chris telling what happened and the shipping address that must be sent...

The question goes for the people that have similar things happened, how the people at enduroforkseals.com manage this "mistakes"??. I choosed the fastest shipping option, so I don`t know what to do. I think that they could see my e-mail before letting the order shipp.

In your experience what should I do?...

thanks a lot guys!

·
I AM I AM
2,222 Posts
If in doubt see if you can find a phone number and ring them in person.

Well otherwise I guess you'll receive the item and have to ship them to your friend yourself - which means extra cost.

And yeah in future always check the address vs shipping address, some companies actually refuse to send stuff to other addresses than your own if you are paying by credit card etc. And just a Paypal tip - if you end up buying from overseas (any country other than where you live) then I've found they are a real rip off when it comes to currency exhcange - it cost me an unexpected $45 extra when I brought a $500 fork so yeah.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, exploring the paypal site I found this on the help section, under the commands: how to change the country in shipping address".

Due to security reasons, PayPal only allows one country address per PayPal account. When moving from country to country, you must close your existing account and open a new account in the country where you are residing.

So this means that if I have a billing address in country X, I can`t send an item to the country Y?, if that`s the case, it seems a little "overprotected", when almost ALL the online stores allow to do that.

more imput is welcomed.

thanks!

·
I AM I AM
2,222 Posts
Hmm yes I think I hate paypal more and more every day.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, if you knew that about Paypal in the first instance then you probably wouldh ave made arrangements with Enduro before paying.

Hope you get it sorted.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah!. I love the enduroforkseals products, once I buyed from them some seals for my forx (back in 2002) and they performed great. So, I was buying more stuff right now (130$ order) and with this problem is not the best way to spend christmass.
Also, I called enduro, but an answer machine told me what says on their website. So I think that I should wait for someone at customer service read my e-mail. I don`t know if they will shipp it first, before reading the mails or what. I`m feeling a little desperate here...:(

If someone who`s reading this post knows chris, please, let him know to check his imbox!..
Also, my english abilities trough the phone are not that great...so I think that the person who may talk with me, should have A TON of patiente...hehehe.

thanks!!
bye

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.