Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

stupid manitou

542 views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  KomodoRider 
#1 ·
Well i sent my swinger 4 way in for a rebuild and and a look over and well they didnt want to send back the bushing with it :mad: Manitou sucks

#13 ·
i didnt have alot of faith in manitou to begin with but this past week totaly killed it for me

so we get a splice in to the shop, and the lockout isnt working. ive seen this happen a couple times but only with brand new bikes so i jsut pulled it off and sent it back to trek and they sent me a new one. so we get this one in and decide to just fix it out selves so we call manitou they say alright we'll send you a new lock out assembly and you should be good to go. so while we're waiting for them to send that the bike is sittin gin out basement and we notice some oil on the floor after a couple days. the fork is leaking out of the disc post mounts. the idiots drilled the mounts too deep and it started leaking out of there. so we call manitou and they say yeah thats kinda a common problem we'll send you some new lowers. so a few days later we get all the parts in and i put the new lowers in, a new lock out and a new rebound set i think.... so yeah i get it all back together and the lock out still isnt working. so we just leave it on the bench frustrated and decide its going back to manitou the next day. next day we come to work look at our bench and its covered in oil...leaking out the post mounts....yay manitou!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.