Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
fried stuff with cheese
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have what I think (I bought it used) is an 03 ASX. The 5th Element shock seems to be pretty shot. I'm trying now to decide if I should send it to Progressive for a rebuild or buy a new Fox DHX. If I buy a new shock how do I tell what size the one I have is? I know I can measure the eye to eye but what is the stroke?

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Locotiki said:
I have what I think (I bought it used) is an 03 ASX. The 5th Element shock seems to be pretty shot. I'm trying now to decide if I should send it to Progressive for a rebuild or buy a new Fox DHX. If I buy a new shock how do I tell what size the one I have is? I know I can measure the eye to eye but what is the stroke?
PM Bonkey and see what he has to say. If you don't have luck contacting him let me know and I will push the shock button to get a response.

·
www.yetifan.com
722 Posts
The 03 ASX came with 2 different shock lengths. there is the early frame with a 200mm shock,and the later frame with a 220mm, I'm sure the later has a 2.5" stroke? and the earlier a 2.25" stroke (from top of my head)

Look on your spring, there will be a measurement, the 2nd number (except on fox shocks) is the shock stroke IE 550 x 2.25.

I have had a fifth and now a DHX coil with Ti spring.

I honestly am not good enough to tell the difference between the 2. BUT, If you've got the cash its DHX everytime.

Andrew

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.