Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Bike to the Bone...
8,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, about a week ago I decided I needed new brakes, so I ordered a pair of Avid Elixir R 2010 with f 200/r 185 rotors to replace a pair of 2008 Magura Louise BAT that actually were working pretty well except they need a bleed and probably a pair of new pads.

Anyway, got them on time (considering I'm in Mexico), but the rear brake was black and the front in silver :rolleyes:

Well, weird color choices, I don't want to return a brake to have it brought back and have to pay taxes or something, I'll post a pic when I install them.

Now, I do have this sat. a pretty nice ride for about 35-40 miles of nice singletrack (at least, that's what the guide says :skep: ). I've done a pretty similar ride (The same start/end points, but I think different trails), and while it's very nice, it's about as long as I have done it. A friend tells me to wait until after that ride, but the UGI in me wants to try them ASAP (I can't ride tomorrow, I work :D ).

·
Bike to the Bone...
8,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dwyooaj said:
keep in mind its probable you will need to bleed the brakes prior to use, avid factory bleeds-not so good.
Yep, that's a good idea, I'll swap brakes after that. Next week ride is probably on a local trail, easier if something shows up.

Thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.