Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone out there building stunts for the up and coming riders?
I have volunteered our club to make a few features for our annual kid's bike rodeo and I'm looking for any help on designing and building them that may be out there.
We want to build teeter-totters and ladders; low risk, like inches off the ground.

Thanks in advance....

Central Idaho Mountain Bike Association
"got trails?"

·
Registered
262 Posts
yeah when i was a kid i loved playing rush and roulette with my dads .38 cal. So was seeing how many shots of tequela i could take before passing out and makin the biggest blunt i could...good times...good times.

·
Sharp rocks hurt...
276 Posts
cdog117 said:
yeah when i was a kid i loved playing rush and roulette with my dads .38 cal. So was seeing how many shots of tequela i could take before passing out and makin the biggest blunt i could...good times...good times.
What does that have to do with the topc? :confused:

·
gnar, brah
1,861 Posts
cdog117 said:
You mean Russian Roulette?

Anyway, you could make a couple of ramps about three feet long at the base and six-eight inches high. Would be pretty safe I think.

·
Registered
217 Posts
2 ft is high for kids, i think the idea would be that if they slipped the wheel, that it wouldnt send them over the handlebars. id say some stuff like this:

a couple plywood tabletop jumps, about a foot to two ft high, like 3 ft long, easy to roll ect.

a teetertoter, maybe 6-8 ft long, about 1 foot wide, make about a foot off the ground. (again, not much over a foot high, so 24 inch wheels dont get hung up as easily)

a couple skinnies, again, a few inches wide (say 5-7")

maybe a little line, with some slightly banked turns, a llittle drop at the end.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Ohio_Huck said:
2 ft is high for kids, i think the idea would be that if they slipped the wheel, that it wouldnt send them over the handlebars. id say some stuff like this:

a couple plywood tabletop jumps, about a foot to two ft high, like 3 ft long, easy to roll ect.

a teetertoter, maybe 6-8 ft long, about 1 foot wide, make about a foot off the ground. (again, not much over a foot high, so 24 inch wheels dont get hung up as easily)

a couple skinnies, again, a few inches wide (say 5-7")

maybe a little line, with some slightly banked turns, a llittle drop at the end.
that is why i sugested to get the kids to help out . they'll tell you if its to high or to hard. just keep in mind lots of lil kids have no fear.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.