Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Ive just back into biking after 3-4 years away working long hours.

About 4 months ago i bought a rockhopper 97 in mint condition for £120 and a Marzocchi MX comp ETA fork for £65 all off ebay.

I loved that bike but almost straight away after looking over these forums at the bikes you guys ride I sold up put in another £100 and bought a stumpy 2001 for £300 off ebay, also in mint condition.

I then thought i need disc brakes coz where i ride it can get real muddy and wet at times. A new wheelset will set me back £100 and i have some hope minis i bought for £65 off ebay. Im now caught in two minds whether i shouldnt just sell my stumpy and the hope brakes seperately on ebay and grab myself a FSR.

Has anyone here done the swap of a stumpy m4 to a full suspension (fsr)? Just wondering what others views are.

Im thinking once i have a full suspension bike with hydraulic disc brakes then i will neever really ever need to upgrade again, not for a few years anyway. lol

Attachments

·
Registered
189 Posts
The hardtail will teach you how to pick the best line to ride.. a skill that while important isn't as critical on a full suspension. You'll be fine on a full supension.. keep that hardtail as well and you can turn it into a singlespeed or a commuter.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts