Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys.

Here is the deal. Last year I bought a stumpy elite 07 because it looked nice. I hadn't been on a bike for 15 years so I found it a struggle to get enthused by mbk'ing so only used it about a dozen times in a year. Now this year I'm getting into riding up Cannock Chase (Follow The Dog) and I'm loving every minute of it.

OK, I have a few questions for all you experts out there if you wouldn't mind helping me with.

1. Can you fit a brain to a stumpy '07 elite? If so, what is a rough costing for this. (£'s please as I am in England)

2. My mate has a pop-loc on his s-works epic. Can you get one for the Elite? It has a fox talas front fork. I looked online but only see the pop-loc for rockshox.

Any help much appreciated. Also here is a picture of my baby......

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
simonevans76 said:
1. Can you fit a brain to a stumpy '07 elite? If so, what is a rough costing for this. (£'s please as I am in England)

2. My mate has a pop-loc on his s-works epic. Can you get one for the Elite? It has a fox talas front fork. I looked online but only see the pop-loc for rockshox.
1. You can probably put a brain on there. What you need to find out is if you have a mounting bracket for the brain itself. To do this, look on the left seat stay. Look right above the disc brake mount, about where it says "FSR", but toward the inside of the frame. If you have some screw holes there, you can put a brain on. Otherwise, you'll need to buy a new seat stay. Sorry, I don't know any of the prices.

2. No dice on the pop-loc. That is something that only Rockshox makes for only Rockshox forks.

Happy Trails!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
UpwardSpiral.

Thanks for taking the time to respond. I will check my frame for the screw holes. Bad news about the pop-loc. They look really useful. I saw online last night some guy makes them himself for fox shocks. I dare not try that. Hehe.

Thanks again for the response. Have a good day!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I put a brain shock on my 07 elite but you can't buy the brain shock from specialized you have to find someone selling one. That is what I had to do. You have the holes just need to find the brain shock. make sure the shock comes with the carbon fiber mounting piece for the brain resivour. good luck

·
Registered
23 Posts
The Triad is a pretty nice shock. I put the fox brain shock on I would try and find the specialized version it opens and close much faster. If you do long climbs i would stay with the triad and just lock it out. You are going to have a hard time finding a brain shock. It has to come off of a 2007 expert or pro frame that way you are buying the same stroke lenght and eye to eye as what you have. good luck

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.