Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was pedaling up a slight incline, lifted my front wheel up over a rock and then SNAP! The sound was terrifying.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I was pedaling up a slight incline, lifted my front wheel up over a rock and then SNAP! The sound was terrifying.
Wow thats pretty bad. Just stick with that story, cuz it looks to me like you went off a 6foot drop lol. What year/model is that?

·
Registered
301 Posts
240 limit is you're good. From what I've seen you may get lucky and get a little upgrade. Maybe an expert frame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
502 Posts
Wow! A guy we ride with had his seat tube shatter on his Stumpy Hardtail, 2013 Marathon model. They sent him an S-Works frame.

I wonder how common this is??

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So here's the aftermath:

photo 1.JPG

Now, it all happened in one fell swoop so I'm not entirely sure. But my idea is that as the wheel dropped off the back the chain initially stayed on the cog, then it bent the cog (it's essentially perpendicular to the other cogs now) before the chain finally came off the rear. Oddly, the chain remain glued to the wolf tooth no-drop chainring up front.

Just got the word from the lbs, Specialized will be sending a 2014 stumpjumper marathon carbon my way. So, although I'll have to fork over some pennies for some new components, I don't think I can really complain.

·
Registered
301 Posts
So here's the aftermath:

View attachment 887639

Now, it all happened in one fell swoop so I'm not entirely sure. But my idea is that as the wheel dropped off the back the chain initially stayed on the cog, then it bent the cog (it's essentially perpendicular to the other cogs now) before the chain finally came off the rear. Oddly, the chain remain glued to the wolf tooth no-drop chainring up front.

Just got the word from the lbs, Specialized will be sending a 2014 stumpjumper marathon carbon my way. So, although I'll have to fork over some pennies for some new components, I don't think I can really complain.
Too bad on the money you have to shell out, but that is a much stiffer frame.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts