Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the stock rims that come on the 2019 Stumpjumper 29 can be converted to tubeless? I know that it comes with tubeless ready tires, it's stamped right on the side of them, but I cannot find any information that says if the rims themselves are compatible with tubeless.

Thanks.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Answered my own question, they sort of are. Took the tire off, the rim tape on there has tubeless ready stamped all over it. Great, saves me a bit of time.

Went to use a pair of Schrader valves I already have on hand, but they're too big for the hole on the rim. Cut a presta valve from an old tube instead.

Filled up with some Stan's, pumped it up and airs leaking around the valve. Took the tire back off, trimmed the rubber around the valve and tried again. No more leaks at the valve, but airs leaking around a couple of the spokes. So, tomorrow I'll likely remove the tire, remove the tape and use some gorilla tape instead. Little frustrating that it's leaking around the spokes when the tape says tubeless ready, but at least it looks like it will work.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.