Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:mad: didn't think it would happen to me since the first few months went rather smoothly. A few issues with the magura brakes that required a few trip to the shop, including swapping out to a 3G front disc, but they were rather small things. The wheels needed to be trued a few times, but again light wheels...you can expect that. The shock on the other hand has not faired as well, at first the hose was rubbing the crap out of the carbon frame and making a crazy 'creaking' sound, that was annoying since my uber expensive bike sounded worse than the hardrock my friend was riding...Took a little ingenuity from my LBS with some padding and that pretty much took care of that...then a few rides later and it blew out...literally...oil flowing down the shaft and no damping whatsoever...got a new shock and two rides later...can't get the shock to keep pressure and the old sucking sound out of the shaft when you compress it. The rear brain adjuster knob is so loose it moves up and down when you turn it and not to mention oil oozing out of it!

At least my shop is really good and helpful, I Can't even get mad at them...they don't question anything and just fix whatever I ask them to fix...I'm tired of me having to take it back for one thing after another...I hope Spec is getting better QA from the new shock built by FOX! I think the design is awesome...maybe the quality control at the assembly line needs to be reviewed...

6 specialized bikes in my garage...Tarmac pro...tarmac expert...Stumpy S-works....Safire expert...and not forget my kids' bikes...all specialized...yet the only bike that has issue is my most expensive one! Not to mention the crap I get from my buddies about my bike spending so much time at the shop.

well, I guess my bad luck has to stop sometime...

·
Registered
817 Posts
I had a few initial problems but have had the 'new head seal' fitted for over 100 hours hard riding and all is still perfect. I know of many others whose bikes are 100% reliable since the new seal has been fitted to Stumpy's and Epics, many with more hours than me. Ensure your bike shop have a new shock sent with the upgraded head seal and all will be good. Fox are going to look good with their logo on the shocks having timed it perfectly. The problems are already sorted so it won't be their fix... Good luck.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was told today that big S is sending a new shock to replace mine...I'll ask them about the new seal thing. At least Specialized is pretty good when it comes to taking care of their warranty issue.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts