Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm looking at buying a stumpjumper and have seen several on ebay. a few questions... any major differences between the 2005 and the 2006 models? they seem pretty much the same. also, are there any differences in the frames between the expert, pro, and comp? anyone know approximately how much a medium frame with shock weighs? what about the septune shock, how does that compare to the RP3?

·
The Other Dude
3,080 Posts
I believe the main difference between the 05 and 06 models is the components, atleast that was the case for me. I have an 06 S-Works stumpy, it came with SRAM components and shifters, where the 05 came with Shimano (and didnt come with the brain feature) anywho, i just like the shimano feel so i sold the sram stuff and swapped out the shifters and derailluer for shimano, the sram stuff shifts awesome, i just cant get used to upshifting with my thumb, lol.

You will be happy with the stumpy, it is one of my favorite bikes, i owned and epic and an enduro, and the stumpy gets the most saddle time. just my two cents.

·
Registered
934 Posts
jut8 said:
You will be happy with the stumpy, it is one of my favorite bikes, i owned and epic and an enduro, and the stumpy gets the most saddle time. just my two cents.
Your Specialized collection sounds great! Is your Stumpy another fsr? Do you use them for different types of trails/rides? I am new to the sport and just got an '05 FSRxc. I am interested in a lightweight HT like the Stumpy. I am so relieved to see that many of the veterans here have 3+ bikes minimum. Makes my desire for another $1k+ bike more sensible.

As for the OP jut8, sorry for the hijack. I am actually waiting to see what the '07 Stumpy HT are going to be like. I know that the frame is an M5 (still don't know how it's different than the M4, but I know it's supposed to be lighter?). Although an '06 will most definitely cost me $300+ less. You can see every techinical specifications on the Specialized site. Print it out and you can match them side by side. Happy shopping.

·
The Other Dude
3,080 Posts
specialized

Yeah, my stumpy is an FSR, i just love it! I am fairly new to the sport also, just got into MTB riding in october of 05. I used to race motocross, until i blew out my knee for the 2nd time, then i got out of it, sold my 2 bikes, trailer, gear, etc... I was bored for a while and bought a cheap trek to see if i liked it or not. About a month after buying the trek, i heard a lot of stuff about the Epic's so i got one of those and sold the trek, after that it was an addiction, i would end up going to "test ride" a bike and end up buying it. I am totally sold on the Specialized Brand, they are the only bikes i will buy now.:thumbsup: I am sold the the brain, and the FSR suspension, that is why i love the my S Works Stumpy FSR so much, a 5 inch travel bike with a brain on it is perfect for where i ride the most. I really dont care for the hardtails that much, because of my knee problems.....at first i bought the P1 for alittle bit of park riding, then it really bothered my knee, so a few weeks later i bought the enduro sx for park riding, and i love it!

Just compare any bike specialized makes to any other manufactures bike out there at the same price point, and i can assure you the specialized will be speced higher in terms of components, and will be a better bike, plus with lifetime frame warrenty, no worries!

They are just a great company, i bent the rear triangle of my S-Works stumpy on a fast downhill section of our local XC loop, i went down the dealer and specialized OVERNIGHTED a brand new frame to shop from Cali! Talk about customer service!:D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.