Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
senttrox said:
I'm :madman: becouse I don't know witch size I should pick...
I'm 5.9 ft and my inside leg is 33 inch.
Should I pick 18" or 19"???

Please help me ....
Hmmmm -- sounds like you have the same 'problem' as me. I'm just under 5'9", with a 33" (84.5cm) cycling inseam (bare feet/floor to book-in-crotch method). If that's you, then you are proportioned relatively long in the leg/short torso. I would ride a 17" in the Stumpy h/t therefore; if you look at the geometry, you'll notice (1) t/t on the 19" is looooong -- no way at our height, and (2) bar height (i.e. head tube length) is the same for the 17 and 18 -- the difference is in top tube length and standover. So, I would think your choice would be either 17 or 18, not 18 or 19.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for replay....

Now I'm riding Lee Cougan Hurricane Al 18" and the TT is 570mm long (Stumpy 18" - 600mm, 19" - 615mm) and the feeling I have is that I'm about to fly over the handlebar. I tried to compensate with seat and with stem length and haven't been satisfied!
If the measuring of the TT is the same on Lee and Stumpy than I guess that anything longer than 570 mm would be OK. With 18" I'll have 3cm more and with 19" would be 4,5cm.
Do you think I would be to short for 19". With Lee Cougan at the shop they try to convince me that I need 19" or even 21". I haven't spoken with the local dealer for Specialized jet because I need some info first. Would there be any other method to measure body to exact fit the bike?

·
HammerHead
290 Posts
senttrox said:

Please help me ....
Depends on fork travel.
If you are using 80mm travel fork go with 19", if your fork travel is greater then 80mm go with 18"

·
Registered
934 Posts
senttrox said:
I am 5'9" (and a quarter!) with an inseam of 32". The TT for the 17" was a bit short of me so I went with the 18". I barely get 2" on the standover, but wanted to make sure I wasn't cramped in the cockpit. I was used to riding a medium '05 FSRxc, so I got used to the shorter TT, which didn't make it right. Because of the flat bar, I feel that I am a bit stretched but everyone has told me it looks right. Regardless, I'm going to ditch the flat bar eventually and get a wider, riser bar.

I would recommend going with the 18" also for you.

Attachments

·
Registered
934 Posts
senttrox said:
I'm also thinking about 18" becouse it's a bit biger than Lee cougan...I think 3cm longer TT is enought...
Yeah, that should be more than enough. I just realized the pix I posted doesn't show you my body relative to the frame. Sorry about that. I do love my blue bicycle though!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.