Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 Stumper Jumper FSR Comp100 and XT 760 Hollowtech II crank and an XT E-type front derailleur. When I shift from my middle gear to granny it shifts fine on the stand but when I'm riding it doesn't shift. And it shifts easier when in the larger rear cogs than when in the smaller rear cogs. I'm thinking it's the spacing on the front crank causing a problem with the chain line. Anyone know how many spacers I should use or should I take the spacers out entirely since I'm using an E-type derailleur.

Thanks

·
Registered
248 Posts
normally it is 2 spacers on the drive side and 1 on the non...but since you have the e-type derailer, you need |\__| where the | = a spacer and a \ = the e-type bracket and __ = the outer housing...hope you got what i ment...just replace the inner spacer with the e-type bracket

·
Banned
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Andino said:
normally it is 2 spacers on the drive side and 1 on the non...but since you have the e-type derailer, you need |\__| where the | = a spacer and a \ = the e-type bracket and __ = the outer housing...hope you got what i ment...just replace the inner spacer with the e-type bracket
I thought that would be the setup. I wasnt sure. Thanks.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have a 2004 SJ FSR XC and it just didn't seem right to put the two spacers on the drive side, so I put one on the drive side and two on the non-drive side. I do not have the E-type derailleur. I've had it like this for about 1,5 years.

Has anyone else experienced this?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.