Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The front wheel on my Stumpjumper is misaligned from top to bottom. The top is farther left and the bottom to the right. It does not wobble but you can visable see it is not straight up and down. I upgraded forks and it's still like that. I started playing with my skewer and if I install it the other way with the lever on the right fork leg it rids the problem? Is it OK to ride with my quick release like this? Will a new one fix it? Anything else it could be?
Thanks.

·
I ride a Swarf
1,314 Posts
losiracer said:
The front wheel on my Stumpjumper is misaligned from top to bottom. The top is farther left and the bottom to the right. It does not wobble but you can visable see it is not straight up and down. I upgraded forks and it's still like that. I started playing with my skewer and if I install it the other way with the lever on the right fork leg it rids the problem? Is it OK to ride with my quick release like this? Will a new one fix it? Anything else it could be?
Thanks.
Doesn't really matter which way around a skewer goes, as long as its orientated not to snag on things and open. I run mine with the lever on the right so I avoid thumping the disk rotor.

Not sure why it would cause this missalignment problem though. more of a fork issue than a Stumpy FSR issue also, so it might be worth asking in the shocks board aswell..

Stu

·
I ride a Swarf
1,314 Posts
losiracer said:
The thing is, it did it on the stock rock shox fork and my new marzocchi mx pro eta. That's what got me looking at other things on the bike.
If it is the frame then the forks will line up with the wheel but not the frame. if its the forks (unlikely to be as you say its the same probnlem twice) or its how you are doing it. If it fixes it swapping the skewer around I'd say its how you are doing it, swap the skewer if that works though. Like I said I run my skewers on the right.

Is the wheel aligned with the fork when you say the wheel is wonky? If you put a straight edge between the drop outs with the wheel out is it horozontal?

Stu

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.