Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the specialized web site it is stated that the stumpjumper fsr can have 3 different head and seat angles:
Seat Tube Angle Low/Short 74.5°
Seat Tube Angle Low/Mid 73.5°
Seat Tube Angle Low/Long 72.5°
Head Tube Angle Low/Short 71°
Head Tube Angle Low/Mid 70°
Head Tube Angle Low/Long 69°

I could not find in my bike how I could change those angles.
Can anyone clarify this point for me?

·
ballbuster
12,718 Posts
I think...

offtrack said:
In the specialized web site it is stated that the stumpjumper fsr can have 3 different head and seat angles:

what they are getting at is the virtual seat tube angle. Since the seat tube on an FSR is not directly pointing at the BB, the higher you raise your seat, the further it leans back in relation to the BB. They used to just publish the actual seat tube angle, which is really misleading. What matters is where your seat is in relation to the BB, and the angle your seatpost happens to be leaning to achive that, is actually irrelivant.

With the head angle, they might be referring to an adjustable travel fork. A fork that adjusts from 100 to 130 mm will slacken the head angle (and seat tube angle, for that matter) the longer you set the travel. Think chopper, vs bicycle.

·
Registered
774 Posts
offtrack said:

These are the angle with the Talas fork set at 130mm>115mm>100mm with 69 Degrees head angle with 130mm setting on the talas

My 2006 FSR has a head angle of 69.5 degrees wirh a 130mm Rock Shox Revelation that has an axle to Crown distance of 508mm.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.