Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone, i've got a quick question for all you stumpjumper and enduro and fsrxc owners. How often do you need to replace the little bushing in the lower end of your shock? I've been told be the lbs that the fsr design puts lots of wear on these bushings so they need replacing relatively often, but after getting mine replaced last week, i've been on TWO rides (of maybe an hour and a half each) and already the alloy reducers can be turned (albeit with some effort) by hand! the guys at the lbs had said that the alloy reducers are a press fit into the bushing (they push them in with a bench vice). do they only need to be replaced when you can feel slop in the suspension or should they be done before that point?? hope you guys can help me out!
cheers

·
Gravity Rides Everything
1,126 Posts
those BETD strong bushings rock. I had one on my 03 enduro and it was solid as hell!

fyi-specialized no longer uses those 2 piece aluminum reducers for the lower eyelet, it's a one piece thru bushing that appears to be made of some kind of steel. At least that's what's on my 05 SJ120. good thing I'd say, that bushing was the weakest link on the whole bike.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hey all. Just recieved a new stumpy 120 pro as a replacement for an '01 enduro. Specialized knows how to deal with warranty!! The enduro was a great ride. I did have to keep an eye on the lower bushings in particular. Replacements that I purchased throught my LBS had more play than the ones I was replacing. I had a local machine shop make replacements to my specified tolerances, lasted much longer. The new press through bush seems much better than the old two piece design, however mine has far more play than it should brand new. Specialized through my LBS said "some" play is normal. This is true, the play on the top mount seems about right, the bottom seems excessive. I will have something machined locally. Would love to have the bushes in the link available locally.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.