Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Faster the Better!
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this has been asked before but here goes. I am 5 10 1/2 ins Tall with a 31 inch Inseam and Right in between and Large and the Medium... I have tested both sizes numerous times and just can't decide. They both feel real good I am leaning towards the Medium...Any thoughts on this...Thanks for your help people!!!

Eric

·
Registered
500 Posts
Seattlechronic said:
I know this has been asked before but here goes. I am 5 10 1/2 ins Tall with a 31 inch Inseam and Right in between and Large and the Medium... I have tested both sizes numerous times and just can't decide. They both feel real good I am leaning towards the Medium...Any thoughts on this...Thanks for your help people!!!

Eric
Well I am going to confuse you further. I was in the same boat, and have now tried both sizes. I'm 5'10", 32" inseam and much happier with my large 120 that I've ridden for about 2 months than with the medium 2004 FSR I bought last summer. I do have slightly longer than average arms.

I was careful to monitor this board for what size bikes people my height were buying, and it seemed that most were buying mediums. I also prefer twisty singletrack to high speed fire road riding. The conventional wisdom seemed to be to err on the smaller side in such cases, which is what I did. But after several trips over the bars and consistent issues with keeping the front wheel planted on climbs I started to think about a large. I also found that I was running my seatpost at just about max extension.

One excuse I had to sell a virtually new bike and buy another was to switch to disc brakes. Luckily I was able to recover most of my purchase price by swapping on the new parts from my 120 and selling the bike on ebay. I also got a good price from the dealer.

The standover height is virtually identical. I run a zero setback seatpost. I did not switch to a shorter stem, but that is another way to adjust the fit slightly.

I think you might be happier with the large. My two cents.

·
Faster the Better!
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
MEd..

Thanks for the comments..Just got back from yet another Test ride. I set the Seat back on the Medium just a tad and I am really pleased...The LArge just seemed alittle to big..I went with the Medium..I pick it up in the Morning..It was a tough choice...Next week I pick up my 05 P3...Cant wait...

Eric

·
Registered
33 Posts
pick the large size

i just purchased a large expert 120 :p . i am 5 foot 10 and 3/4 inches and i have a 30 inseam, which seems short compared to the 31 and 32 inseems that posted earlier. the bike fits. i also rode an expert100 in the large and it fit perfect :D . i found that the medium was just too squirly?!. :confused: . good luck :cool: .

·
Faster the Better!
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
med or large

Went with the Medium.. After many Test ride...At Five different bike shops. I picked up the medium...Took it out on the trail and I am very happy with my pick!!! The Large just seemed a bit big...I am actually just 5'10 with a 30" inch inseam (according to my seamstress at work) I am real happy with my decision.. Also for what it is worth. Every bike shop suggested the Medium over the Large. I also weigh 165...Thanks for the comments guys...Like everyone says "it's personal taste and you have to just try out the Bikes and Sizes!!!

The website is great!!!

Eric

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.