Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up my SJ 100 FSR. The blue lever that controls the triad shock (pro-pedal, open, locked) doesn't seem to have any detents. I mean the lever swings around but never clicks into a position. Is that normal?

Thanks!
Doc

·
Registered
37 Posts
Detents here

Just checked. The '05 SJ 100 I've got here has detents. Facing forward over the bike, one is directly forward (lock-out), the next is at 120 degrees to the right (ProPedal), and the last one is 120 degrees left of lock-out (open). The lever does spin 360 degrees in both directions though.

Juat a little extra information.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
BoogerPEZ said:
Just checked. The '05 SJ 100 I've got here has detents. Facing forward over the bike, one is directly forward (lock-out), the next is at 120 degrees to the right (ProPedal), and the last one is 120 degrees left of lock-out (open). The lever does spin 360 degrees in both directions though.

Juat a little extra information.
Thanks for checking Booger! I thought there probably should be detents.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Doc_d said:
I just picked up my SJ 100 FSR. The blue lever that controls the triad shock (pro-pedal, open, locked) doesn't seem to have any detents. I mean the lever swings around but never clicks into a position. Is that normal?

Thanks!
Doc
My Triad has distinct detents. However, there is no audible click when you set it into one of the three positions. :cool:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Doc_d - Do you have the SJ FSR 100? According to the Specialized website, that model comes with the Fox Float R. I'm about to get the SJ FSR 100 ( I can only afford the low-end SJ) expecting to get the Float R, but from what it sounds like, I might be getting the better Triad. AND I just picked up the catalog from my LBS and it says Triad. I hope the website is just outdated. Thanks.

·
Pixie Dust Addict
3,368 Posts
zettobike said:
Doc_d - Do you have the SJ FSR 100? According to the Specialized website, that model comes with the Fox Float R. I'm about to get the SJ FSR 100 ( I can only afford the low-end SJ) expecting to get the Float R, but from what it sounds like, I might be getting the better Triad. AND I just picked up the catalog from my LBS and it says Triad. I hope the website is just outdated. Thanks.
My SO's SJ FSR 100 Comp (Women's) came in yesterday and it has the Float Triad shock.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.