Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got too bid happy and now I have a stumpjumper frame. Want to build it up using lower level parts except I want a tora fork. How much money am I looking at? Thinking more Hardrock level parts. I'm in school and have to keep it cheap. Does anyone know if specialized makes a build kit or if dealers can get me one?

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Used Fork and wheelset from the classifieds, CL, or Fleabay. Avid BB&'s are $46.98 at pricepoint. Shop around and source the rest. I got an New XT Crankset from Jenson a few months ago for $199, used some crazy $70 coupon they had out which brought it down to $129, then since I was using it as an SS crank, sold the new chainrings on eBay for $75.00. So I got a brand new XT Crank and BB for $54. You just gotta shop around and piece your ride together. OR buy a bikes direct parts bike and sell the frame after you cannibalize it.

·
Registered
946 Posts
nhand87, How long is your head tube, the fork is comming off a 2010 Specialized Rockhoper. (s) I also have a Race Face Evolve crank arms I might have the BB but it was shot! but you would have to get a BB and rings

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.