Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to pull the trigger on a complete SRAM X9 2x10 set for my Stumpjumper. Anyone else transition to SRAM x9 components? Likes, dislikes?

·
See You At Santos!
298 Posts
I am also debating on the 2x10 for my stumpy, was even thinking of a 1x9 setup. Still in the air for me. Let us know what you decide!

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I pulled the trigger on the SRAM X9 2x10 groupset. I already have the X9 rear derailleur, but I wanted everything to match the grey color that I ordered the groupset in. I would have loved to have gotten the X0 or XX, but I didn't want to spend over $1k on the groupset and then decide that 2x10 wasn't for me.

I went with the 36/29 up front, 12-36t in the rear, 175mm cranks, and 160mm front and rear rotors. Hopefully, I can recoup some of the purchase with the sale of the parts that are currently on the bike.

It's going to take at least 2-5 business days to arrive and then at least another day for installation. I'll be posting pics throughout.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I tried out the new gears this morning on a series of hills and descents on a road. Climbing, the 2x10 is perfect. Rarely did I need to use the smaller ring on the crank, except during a really steep climb. However, on the steep descents, I ran out of gears on the top end and had to let the bike coast down. I was a little disappointed with that. Maybe I'm not using the ideal gears, but on the big ring, on the last ring of the cassette, I was still spinning and couldn't keep up. I could have used a few extra gears on the high side to keep up with the descent.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts