Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Just got me a 2019 Specialized StumpJumper carbon comp 27.5.

Couldn't find any info on the frame's pivot bearings.

Does anyone know what bearing models they're using n whether any special tools r required to change the bearings?

Happy trails,
Slacker

·
Registered
9,754 Posts
Go to your LBS and have them print out the info from the Spec BtoB site for you. My LBS did it from Trek for my Trek but I assume they'd do it for a Spec too since they're dealers.

Years ago Spec made an FSR bearing tool kit to extract and insert all the bearings. IDK if they still do or if it works for current models. Basically, bearing removal and installation requires a variety of tools and techniques depending on the situation. Here's a post I did in a thread on the topic:

https://forums.mtbr.com/tooltime/ca...ring-puller-press-1009846-2.html#post13688866

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ya I dropped them a mail earlier but not sure if they'll give me the information.

I like how some brands like transition n Ibis have all the info on their site, pity specialized doesn't..

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Guess I'll get my LBS to do that when I go down to collect my bike later this week.

Ya different bikes do require different tools. Any tools that worked well for u?

That's a great link with much info. Thks a lot.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.