Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i use an sl-m780 (the one with the indicator) and my gear indicator is stuck somehow in 3rd gear in front. but there isn't any problem shifting. what might be wrong? i'm afraid i destroyed the mechanism inside for the indicator.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I have an sl-m770 that has a removable and replaceable indicator. I would *assume* that the 780 is the same?

Go the the Shimano website and download the parts list, there you will see how to disassemble the shifter (at least how to take off the indicator) and you can see what is broken.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have an sl-m770 that has a removable and replaceable indicator. I would *assume* that the 780 is the same?

Go the the Shimano website and download the parts list, there you will see how to disassemble the shifter (at least how to take off the indicator) and you can see what is broken.
i guess the 770 and 780 are pretty much the same.. both are in the XT family.. and i never thought that shimano has after-market indicators...

thanks man!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.