Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the air preload valves on my 2006 170mm 66rc2x is stuck open. When I cycle the fork, I can hear air wheeze out through the valve. I've had to double the air preload on the other side to get the correct amount if sag.
I tried a few drops of oil and a a few pokes, but it still sticks open. :confused:
Can this be replaced with a stanadard schraeder valve stem core somehow, or am I destined to call Marzocchi customer service?

·
Registered
6,855 Posts
Is it possible there isn't enough pressure to close the valve?
Why not try pumping it up to 20-30psi and see if it still leaks?
If not, then let the pressure down as needed. If it still leaks, then try the ideas on tightening or replacing the valve.

·
carpe mañana
7,308 Posts
NAPA sells a valve core tool with spare valve cores for $5. The tool is nice and long and includes a tap to fix a collapsed thread.

From experience, Continental tubes have the nicest valve cores. I broke my air valve (cracked it in half) on my 55 and the Conti core is the only thing I found that holds the air in the fork for the moment.

_MK

·
Registered
9,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So I tried both a standard valve core tool and needle-nose pliers, neither was long enough to reach the valve core.
:madman:

However I was able to reach the center pin, I twisted that around a afew times and now it seems to hold air.
:confused:

Not sure it's "fixed" but it ain't broken now either! :p

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.