Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
ready to ride
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have Sun Ringle' SOS's on my bike because they came stockbut they are pretty flexy.
Ive been thinking about getting new rims for a while but I didnt have any bank.

What do you guys suggest?

Thanks rfr

·
EastBaySteez
4,726 Posts
For cheap look at the sun ringle equaliezer 31's.

I picked up a 135x12 set for 220 bucks, if your interested pm me.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hello i got some wheels from wheel wharehouse in CA a set of mavic wheels woth shimano475 hubs. sofar so good. Good price 95 bucks shipped, they sometimes sellout though of that set but the have others.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
875 Posts
SHIVER ME TIMBERS said:
azonic outlaws
^^^what he said

You can get a set anywhere from 225-275 bones.

Just remember, with wheels:

Cheap. Strong. Light <===you may choose only two

·
Shred...it's the new drug
3,844 Posts
Outlaws or revo's +1000. I'm on a cracked set of outlaws and they just keep taking the punishment. The hub finally loosened up. I've got a brand new set sitting on the shelf waiting for the old (1+ years of AZ boulder bashing) to give up, they are still going strong. I just picked up a set of revo's for the covert I'm building and looking forward to properly flogging them as well.

·
Registered
686 Posts
ridefreeride said:
I have Sun Ringle' SOS's on my bike because they came stockbut they are pretty flexy.
Ive been thinking about getting new rims for a while but I didnt have any bank.

What do you guys suggest?

Thanks rfr
If the wheels are in good condition,no dents,bent rims etc.I would verify spoke tension or have a quality wheel builder check them out.Alot of stock wheels are machine built and usally need some retrueing and retensioning after a little riding.What you want is the highest balanced tension that the rim can handle.This will be the case with alot of prebuilt wheelsets wether they came on the bike or not.

·
ready to ride
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The tension is fine but they are a little flat spotted and cracking along the seems.
I'm afraid of them tacoing on me (bad experiance) plus Ive got some money and I really want to upgrade my bike. It will inspire new confidence in riding.

·
Surf 'n' Trail Rat
87 Posts
And here's yet another vote for Azonic Outlaws. Transition Revolutions are also great for the money (they are more than the Azonics, though).

I've been using a set of the Azonics on my Uzzi-VPX and am 100% happy with them.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts