·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont think I can afford his wheelsets....I was looking for some retail wheelsets....I really only need a strong rear wheel. My front wheel runs tru.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I bought these, only with a front hub setup for a fox fork. I hit jumps and ride hard but I'm only 172~ lbs. A narrow 19mm rim like the 719 may not be a good choice. Wider is better to resist bends. If your running a tire bigger then a 1.95 you shouldn't be using a 19mm rim. If you run a 2.1 to 2.2 you should be on a 23mm and a 2.3 or bigger you should be on a 25mm In my opinion. The wider rim will resist side bends just like a taller beam resists deflection better. SRAM X9 hubs are amazing how well the free spin. I would avoid Shimano XT hubs. Before you even mount them on the bike the don't free spin well. I Bought a set and sent them back when I saw that. I have heard good things about how beefy then 719 rims are though.

WTB Frequency I23 Mountain Bike Tubeless Wheelset 32h SRAM x9 6 Bolt Hub 26" | eBay

·
Registered
9,155 Posts
I think the reality of 290lbs and riding hard is having to save up and get a good wheel like you want. Buying stock machine built is only going to leave you disappointed, especially at the $300 range.

My .02 is keep what you have as far as the front and contact Mike for a rear wheel only. Then instead of spending $300 on an ok wheelset, you can spend $300 on a rear wheel that will get you what you want.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts