Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m not sure how exactly this happened. Anyways, my shop and Specialized want me to pay $120 (Canadian) for a replacement link. They also mention that they’ve never heard of this happening to anyone else.

If my case seems so isolated, wouldn’t they want to inspect the link to check for clues on preventing this problem in the future? (ie: also warranty my link as opposed to asking me to pay for a new one)

Has anyone seen this happen?

·
Registered
6,822 Posts
Senna12 said:
I’m not sure how exactly this happened. Anyways, my shop and Specialized want me to pay $120 (Canadian) for a replacement link. They also mention that they’ve never heard of this happening to anyone else.

If my case seems so isolated, wouldn’t they want to inspect the link to check for clues on preventing this problem in the future? (ie: also warranty my link as opposed to asking me to pay for a new one)

It's unlikely you will get out of paying for it when a stripped thread is involved (not a normal failure), unless you could show the shop was working on the suspension and maybe did the damage themselves.

·
Registered
6,762 Posts
Hmmm....

didn't use a torque wrench when tightening eh?!?!? That's usually what causes stripped threads.

Good Dirt

·
NormalNorm
935 Posts
Senna12 said:

What was the outcome for the link.....did you have to pay. I am have the same problem, and after checking out other posts many people have had the same problem with the linkage.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts