Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got some older Magura Marta's that I recently bought used off a guy. Shame on me for not looking carefully, but when I went to bleed them, a couple of the screws on the reservoir stripped. I've got a tapping kit for backing out stripped bolts & screws, but I've never used it on such a small screw, so I'm worried I'll ruin the reservoir's integrity.

Anyone ever encountered/dealt with something like this?

·
Hoolie Ghoulie on Strava.
Ripmo
3,573 Posts
You already made the mistake(buying crap), now go for it!

I did the same thing w/ used SAINT brakes so I reformed reservoir cap (plastic) w/ JB Weld. Works for about 75 rides now. Used JB Weld to: 1. fix crack in valve cover of car-lasted 100,000 more miles, 2. fix snowboard boots (super high stress), 3.glue girlfriends shoes together (better than my coat over a puddle), and about 20 small metal projects. If you can drill out screw (or better yet tap/die) you can maybe salvage this set for use for a while. What about ordering just a part or 2 that you need? Most of these systems are fairly re-buildable.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.