Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I've been running this V1 Insurgent since 2017 or so and have never had this issue. I went to change tires last night and the 5mm hex on the axle stripped out. I have been torquing this thing to spec and greasing it since day one... no dummy here, I'm a former Mavic warranty tech. Has this happened to anyone? I've tried multiple methods to try and free it, but nothing so far. I have a new axle kit on the way here from Evil, so I just need to figure out how to get this out.

thanks

·
Registered
108 Posts
That sucks. Front axel? Burtec makes axles for evil bikes and the front axel you can wrench from both sides just in case you do strip one side out. Currently running their stuff on my offering.

If you have any bite left at all I'd suggest giving a soak In Kroil as it seeps in parts per milionth where as standard penetrating oil seeps in at parts per thousandth heat it up quick with a torch. If you don't have any bite left you may have to go the EZ-out route.

I'm a tool maker by trade and have to use both of these methods fairly regularly on broken/stripped bolts and seized up water baffles.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.