Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a mid 90's Privateer that needs a facelift and a boob job but I’m reluctant to do any major surgery since it still has the original paint and stickers. Help me out here, do I strip and repaint or leave it as it is and fix all of its other flaws. There is rust where the paint has been scraped off but it’s only on the surface. If I repaint it does anyone have a hook up for repop stickers?

Attachments

·
bonked
2,129 Posts
If there are more spots like the one on the left chainstay I say strip it. It may not be 'collectable' to some, but if you enjoy that bike and want to restore it more power to ya! I'd strip it, prep it and have it single color wet painted or powder coated just to keep the surface rust from creeping.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
IF52, I think you're right. There are many spots on the bike that are just like the left chainstay. The frame is dent free and straight but the paint is done. My concern is finding stickers to semi match the originals or most of them anyways. The build is mostly older than the frame parts and I have started collecting nicer era stuff to replace the worn or crappy parts. Thanks for everyones input.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.