Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
i call it a kaiser blade
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
who here, when they don't have the time to go riding the trails after a long day at work (and the sunlight is running out) or just when they want to get in a quick 20 mile cardio run air up their tires to 60 psi and hit the local paved trails and sidewalks and bike lanes?

sure, i feel like a poser sometimes, but there's something about the hum of 2.1 tires on flat pavement and the warm sun in my face that makes my day:D

·
i call it a kaiser blade
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Caffeine Powered said:
The road is my primary residence. Not so much the paved bike trail, too many innocents could get hurt.
there are a lot of abandoned paved service roads behind subdivisions and under power lines around here connected by dirt trails.

always deserted because it's in the middle of nowhere.

·
local trails rider
12,300 Posts
I run out of daylight pretty early right now: the sun went down at 15:17 today... My commute is mainly on well used dirt paths, now covered with snow. I might be able to include a few pieces of singletrack too, as the snow helps visibility just with a small light and residual light from the nearby streets and suburbs.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Yea...big city late night

I live near Houston. Several times a year we will get a group together and ride the city in the wee hours of the morning. It is pretty sureal to be sure. Kind of ghostly.

The city has all kind of features to huck...if that is your thing, and the police are usually ok with us, as long as we all have lights and reflectors.

As far as the hucking goes you have to hit it (leave no trace) then move on. If you do find a fun feature that you want to repeat you have to catch it latter in the ride.

The key for us has been to keep on the move, do no damage. and respect the guys in blue as they are doing their job. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Mannz said:
I live near Houston. Several times a year we will get a group together and ride the city in the wee hours of the morning. It is pretty sureal to be sure. Kind of ghostly.
That actually sounds like a lot of fun. What time do you go? I wonder if I could ever get up early enough to see Chi-Town as "ghostly." I'm not sure that ever happens......

·
Registered
31 Posts
Best times for Night rides

Hey Achemers,
The best times seem to be between 3-5am on Weekdays. After the clubs close and before the city wakes up for work. We used to do it when the trails were too wet to ride...we can get kind of swampy down here on the Gulf coast.

Cafine powered,:thumbsup:
Good on you man, we have some fast roadies around who can't understand why the 3 year old on his first bike doesn't respond to "on your left" on the multi use paths.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Years ago, a friend an I would ride all over town at night. We would find all kinds of cool things to do. Our favorite was riding around the local industrial park. Twisty sidewalks, down stairs, jumping planters. Anything we could do to have fun really. But we put in serious trail time during the day too. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.