Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I had that bike I would be tooling around every chance I got no matter dirt or street.

·
i call it a kaiser blade
744 Posts
On the way home on my commuter, I keep seeing a growing trend here in Florida.

Suburban tools riding around the neighborhood on spotless, very expensive, dual suspension XC and AM bikes.

I have nothing to believe that this is because they are doing mechanical tweaks and suspension adjustments in-between grueling weekend trail runs on those spotless, scratch-free bikes.

Your money is your money, but why the hell would anyone spend 3k on a GF/Trek Rumblefish and tool around on pavement?

·
Registered
354 Posts
Damn it I am a suburban tool (ST). I have commuted om my 2012 fs. If I ride by quick enough then you may not see the scratches. I also bs in the parking lot after a ride with friends so now I am a poser too. I need to know what one is worse and I will claim that one. Glad I don't ride a jeep bike or I may be shot on the spot.

·
DaFaJa
242 Posts
Damn it I am a suburban tool (ST). I have commuted om my 2012 fs. If I ride by quick enough then you may not see the scratches. I also bs in the parking lot after a ride with friends so now I am a poser too. I need to know what one is worse and I will claim that one. Glad I don't ride a jeep bike or I may be shot on the spot.
:thumbsup:Funny I have been using mine to both as well, on the weekends I have been riding dirt, weekdays I ride in the city....

·
Formerly mtbnoobadam
694 Posts
Seriously!?!? Why don't you just mind your own fvcking business?!?! Better yet, maybe grow a sack and talk to them. I bet you'd probably find out that you're just being a judgemental idiot and probably meet some cool people in the process.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I ride in the street quite a bit, I am a beginner and this serves as a great way for me to get better with drops(curbsides) and overall balance(trackstands, hops, turns, etc.) Then I go out to the trails with more confidence and more speed.

·
i call it a kaiser blade
744 Posts
riding big suspension bikes in the city is fun as hell, more jumping down large sets of stairs
ain't no stairs. there's no building taller than one story for miles.

it's florida. big, dumb, flat, and hot.

·
Your Best Friend
5,229 Posts
When I lived in Seattle in the late '90's we'd go "urban mountain biking" late at night. We had whole routes and even race courses. These included stairs, fountains, loading docks and back alleys. It made me a better rider. I haven't had that level of skill in quite a while. Definitely an XC dork now. Some of the races we'd even do naked just to see if we could out run the cops.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Seriously!?!? Why don't you just mind your own fvcking business?!?! Better yet, maybe grow a sack and talk to them. I bet you'd probably find out that you're just being a judgemental idiot and probably meet some cool people in the process.
Nah he will just find that most people like to pretend.

Im with the Op on this.

·
Registered
114 Posts
When I lived in Seattle in the late '90's we'd go "urban mountain biking" late at night. We had whole routes and even race courses. These included stairs, fountains, loading docks and back alleys. It made me a better rider. I haven't had that level of skill in quite a while. Definitely an XC dork now. Some of the races we'd even do naked just to see if we could out run the cops.
Urban courses are a ton of fun.
I have some places out here I love to ride that are urban. Going down the escartment along busy roads and hitting stairs and drop offs is ridiculously fun. And you're right about it making you a beter rider. The same trail over and over again can get boring

I just need better tires for it because its killing my trail tires

·
Registered
843 Posts
I tend to believe that most real mountain bikes are bought by people with good intentions, but not a good idea of what mountain biking is or if they would like it. I think that is the reason for so many overly expensive path bikes.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts