Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, it's not a mtn bike, but this could of happened to anyone.

https://www.citynoise.org/article/2770

BETSY POWELL, CRIME REPORTER

A series of dramatic photographs capturing a quintessential urban confrontation — a daytime brawl between a bike courier and a motorist in downtown Toronto — has sparked a raging debate in cyberspace.

The vigorous, sometimes vitriolic venting weighs in on a host of topics from pedestrian versus motorist rights and conjecture about the nationalities and sexual preferences of the combatants, to littering and whether the photographer should have put down his camera and stepped in to stop the violence.

The incident apparently began after a man tossed food onto the street in Kensington Market and escalated when the cyclist threw the food back into his car.

"Psycho motorists strike again!" said one posting on the website Citynoise.org, where photographer Adam Krawesky posted the images last Thursday.

Visitor traffic has since gone through the roof with more than 100,000 hits being logged by yesterday afternoon. The images are also circulating widely on the Internet and appear on dozens of websites as far away as The Netherlands, some in foreign languages, with links provided to Citynoise.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have to side with the courier. The guy shouldnt of thrown his **** out of his window, even if it is degradable. Also fighting a women like that is wrong on many levels.

That blog is getting hammered, so here are some of the pictures:

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
sorry bike

when i say him trying to smash the girls bike i though"bet that guys a**"
I went bolistic on one of my firends when he kicked my bike. It hurts when bikes get hurt.

·
Old man on a bike
12,388 Posts
I caught up with a guy who threw some fast food wrappings out his window that I picked up then threw them back in, the look was priceless...glad he didn't have a gun, tho. I've been waiting for my opportunity with a lit cigarette...

·
Your bike is incorrigible
3,179 Posts
lesson learned

DO NOT PISS OFF DRIVERS!!!

Unless you are built like a brick sh*t house and ready to kick a$$.

Yes, I too agree with the biker: no one should be throwing anything out of their car window. On the other hand, you do have to wonder what she was thinking by throwing it back through the window. I mean, there are so many a$$holes on the roads that you are bound to get yourself into trouble by doing stuff like that! I say follow the guy, wait until he's out of the car and out of sight, then key a nice message about how you feel into the nice paint job.

·
Hairy man
4,923 Posts
ZiNE said:
I have to side with the courier. The guy shouldnt of thrown his **** out of his window, even if it is degradable. Also fighting a women like that is wrong on many levels.
I think fighting is basically wrong on all levels. That said, she started it. And she seems to have done OK. And she was wearing a helmet. When my sister was pounding me, she never let me put on a helmet.

I didn't realize Canadians got into fights when not involved in hockey games.

·
Registered
4,441 Posts
Dwight Moody said:
I think fighting is basically wrong on all levels. That said, she started it. And she seems to have done OK. And she was wearing a helmet. When my sister was pounding me, she never let me put on a helmet.

I didn't realize Canadians got into fights when not involved in hockey games.
What kind of ***** fights a girl?

·
Registered
613 Posts
I think I get it, girl throws meat pie, guy throws coffee,

girl keys guys car, guy jumps on girls bicyle, girl starts pushing back and the guy's an a$$hole.

·
Registered
685 Posts
One time a car passenger threw trash at me and almost made me crash. Next 4 way stop I was so glad I used a soda can to get a nice scratch in his paint. :D I know it sounds mean, but if you throw trash at me and almost make me crash, you aren't getting out easy.

·
Team Cspine
492 Posts
Exactly why...

mondaycurse said:
One time a car passenger threw trash at me and almost made me crash. Next 4 way stop I was so glad I used a soda can to get a nice scratch in his paint. :D I know it sounds mean, but if you throw trash at me and almost make me crash, you aren't getting out easy.
I bought pepper spray!

·
Registered
579 Posts
I got off the bus once behind some fuktard, as soon as he got off he just tossed his coffee cup on the ground. Oh man, I was so ready to punch him in the back of his head...but I didn't, you never know whos packin heat...

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
That was nothing....

They were quite calm compared to some of the things I've seen and heard of in Montreal. Canadian drivers make motorists from the States look downright civilized at times.

What I can't figure out is how the rider let herself get caught. Its pretty easy to loose a car in city traffic. If you are going to do what she did, be prepared for a quick get-away.
:confused:

·
Hairy man
4,923 Posts
Zonk0u said:
What kind of ***** fights a girl?
Hey, I think anyone who fights (except in self-defense) is an a$shole.

That said, I did a lot of self-defending as a younger brother. We pretty much stopped brawling when she turned 13 or so (when I was 8). Me and my little brother tried to toss her into a snowbank ten years ago. I got kicked in the nuts, my brother got a bruised shoulder.

This highschool kid once walked up behind my sister and grabbed her shoulder. He'd mistaken her for a friend of his and wanted to scare her. My sister hit him in the face with a fistful of keys. He needed stitches. My sister felt really bad, she might have put an eye out. But she'll do the same thing if it ever happens again.

Don't underestimate girls (or women).

·
notabouttoseeyourlight
2,664 Posts
Wow! I would have beat the living hell out of that guy... I got seriously pissed just looking at those pictures! Especially trying to beat up a girl!

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Littering jerkoffs suck, but taking it upon oneself to toss the garbage back in the car is a bit self-righteous.

As much as I'd like to take the cyclists' side, they both acted immaturely.

·
Get out of town!
1,442 Posts
I had a guy flick a lit cig at me once. I just let it go because I was enjoying my ride/day. It would/should take a lot of abuse before coming to blows and even then it's certainly not the safest option available. Unfortunately, I'm not beyond knocking the s h 1 t out of someone if they go way overboard. Ask the guy I floored at a Panthers game for throwing his beer on me AFTER I said excuse me and tried to get out of his way in a crowded concourse. His eye was swollen almost shut by the time he got up but even his wife knew he was in the wrong and yelled at him all the way out of the game. :p

I wouldn't start a fight though - that's a serious roll of the dice. I'm not saying what the motorist did was justified but it's also not her job to be the Litter Patrol. I don't feel too sorry for the little lady.

·
Get out of town!
1,442 Posts
LOL The look on his face in that last pic is great! What a tool. He just wants to kill, kill, kill!!!

·
Registered
323 Posts
yeah if i saw that guy hitting that girl i would have came unglued and put him in the hospital

·
Gaa-zee-raaaa!
2,433 Posts
ol-crank said:
girl keys guys car, guy jumps on girls bicyle, girl starts pushing back and the guy's an a$$hole.
Uh, try again - the guy's both a coward and an a$$hole. It's a shame that there was nobody nearby with enough huevos to give the guy his due.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Both are wrong and she is luck she did not get really hurt with all the crazied drivers out their no matter where you live. What is the end result to the story? Has anyone been charged with anything?

1 - 20 of 87 Posts