Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure I'm not the only one disappointed to hear the Relive app will no longer work with Strava.

For those who haven't seen it, it takes the data from a Strava activity and produces a neat little 3D video of the ride.
[video]https://www.relive.cc/view/2486362178[/video]

So Strava say;
Many of us at Strava have enjoyed using Relive over the last few years, but because of Relive's recent updates, unfortunately, we have decided to end this integration. The current version of Relive violates several of the terms that we ask of API partners. These terms are in place to safeguard your personal information, to ensure a level playing field for all our partners, and to protect what makes Strava unique. We've worked hard with Relive to try to fix this, but they have ultimately chosen not to make the changes needed to honor their agreement. So as of today, Strava will no longer send your activities to Relive for playback.

Rest assured, nothing's changed about how your information is stored or the control you have over how it's accessed by API partners. And we remain deeply committed to helping our many API partners build experiences that make your workouts and races even better.
While Relive say;
So, this sucks… Strava decided to no longer work with us and shut down our access to your activities. This means you can no longer create Relive videos based on your Strava activities.

We thought we had a thing. Until last week. After launching our first social features, we received a very unexpected message threatening to pull the plug. Given our long-term partnership, we immediately rolled back the changes like they requested.

We then tried to call, email, and talk this out with Strava. No response, except for new ultimatums and threats about our existing features they've applauded for years.

It's sad to see them suddenly go and we're bummed about this, just like you. We like Strava's product and we've been working with them for more than 3 years.

Nothing has changed about how Relive uses and protects your data or how we use their API. We're working to make sure you can keep your current and past activities on Relive. We believe this is your data and you should decide how it's used. After all, it's your legs doing all the work!
Obviously both of these versions can't be right. I wonder if Strava doesn't like working with other apps (like Matesrace, who they dropped a year or two ago) i they get too popular?

And if anyone knows someone at Strava tell em we want Relive back!!

·
Bikesexual
7,568 Posts
Ditto, beat me to the thread.

It's a cool way to see your rides. Hopefully it will get worked out.

If you use Garmin you can connect it to Relive, and still get the clip.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Why are they making it sound like it wont work at all anymore?

You can still use your strava ride it just wont be uploaded automatically, you'll just have to manually export your ride from strava and upload it to relive.

They removed integration but there's no reason you can export your ride into a file then upload it directly.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Ditto, beat me to the thread.

It's a cool way to see your rides. Hopefully it will get worked out.

If you use Garmin you can connect it to Relive, and still get the clip.
Funny thing is, I use the Garmin app which automatically loads to Strava. So in one shot, it would automatically load to all 3.

·
EAT MORE GRIME
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
7,875 Posts
upload your crap to relive directly, boom, you got your videos

Relive has been violating Strava policy for a long time...good that they shut them off. piracy of intellectual property and api's sucks for everyone

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
I didn't realize it was possible to upload to Relive via a file.
I'll look for that.

I used it for most rides for a while. Then quit. Now I use it for memorable rides. When traveling to a different location. First time on a trail. A race (one time I raced).

Not sure I want to connect Garmin Connect to it though. Possible. I will look into the upload manual activity though.

Thanks for the note.

·
CEO Product Failure
2,131 Posts
BOO STRAVA!

Relive stopped working from me in 2018. I tried updating both STRAVA and Relive apps. I deleted and reinstalled them. Nothing worked. Would love to use Relive again and am looking into other compatible apps. I am the opposite of a STRAVA fan boy.

·
psycho cyclo addict
3,203 Posts
Never been a Garmin or $trava fan.

I post my rides to a couple of the proprietary sites from the iPhone Cyclemeter app so others can see my activity and that's it. Flyby's, video, ... are of zero interest.

·
Registered
6,613 Posts
There's a capability to Relive that I wasn't aware of. Once you transfer a gpx file to Relive and make your "video", it creates it, which I knew.

What I didn't know is that there's an "explore" function as well that pulls the ride up on Google Earth. Kinda cool.

The Whole Enchilada plus Jimmy Keen, earlier this summer:
https://www.relive.cc/view/v4OGmERYzmq

And the "View Interactive Route" function:
https://www.relive.cc/view/v4OGmERYzmq/explore

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.