Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Old, Slow and now FAT! :)
2,640 Posts
Maybe they're skiing. No one would be that stupid right? They shouldn't check the biking box then
When I was up at Grand Lake I looked for some segments to see what was rideable. I found one that appeared to head up/skirt along the side of RMNP. I followed that until I hit a wilderness sign and then turned around and went somewhere else. Later looking at the segment track and the speeds posted it became apparent that this was probably a trail runner or quick hiker. Certainly slower than a biker.

I followed up with the segment creator letting them know that this was an illegal trail for bikes and if they were a hiker/runner that should change the activity type so as not to lure bikes onto it. I don't know if it was ever changed.

So yes, people are that stupid.

·
friend of Apex
4,007 Posts
I'm not buying that those are all bike records. That said... there is some evidence of people uploading info that should *not* be there.

Yeah, I don't think many people bike to the top of Half Dome. They just don't switch it to "hike" or "windsurf", or whatever, it just uses bike as default.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts