Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i wonder if anyone has any service guides or info on stratos shocks???? helix expert and tr1 especially. i just want to know what to expect when i do open them up. i cant push them, try stratos and no local bike shop here. just me (and my hammer:nono: ).
not trying to make you feel sorry for me. i just wanted to dampen any non-helpful sugestions. i worked as a bike grease monkey for 6yrs but never on a stratos (yet).
any info, before i break out my oxy/acetyl:madmax: , would be great.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Stratos

I have had two. An XC pro and a Helix Expert. If my memory serves me there was no user service that could be performed at home. I have an owners manual somewhere and the only service is to wipe it down. I do remember a thread on how to burp the shock if you got some air in the damping mechanism. Careful with the torch .High pressure, IFP, and nitrogen wont explode but can disassemble rapidly.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I could be mistaken but I think that the stratos coil shocks are user servicable. Stratos is hard to get ahold of right now since there site is down. I haven't tried calling them though. You can try calling them here, 1.805.966.2509.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
lukelink said:
i wonder if anyone has any service guides or info on stratos shocks???? helix expert and tr1 especially. i just want to know what to expect when i do open them up. i cant push them, try stratos and no local bike shop here. just me (and my hammer:nono: ).
not trying to make you feel sorry for me. i just wanted to dampen any non-helpful sugestions. i worked as a bike grease monkey for 6yrs but never on a stratos (yet).
any info, before i break out my oxy/acetyl:madmax: , would be great.
Check the reviews section for a guy who did some work on his shock. There is not much to do except changing the oil and the springs. The oil is ATF fluid and is pretty easy to do. The guy in the review section describes it well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.