Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have any FEEDBACK on this shock?
Just from what little feedback I have, I heard the REVIEWS of this shock are VERY IMPRESSIVE, similar to the Avalanche in function just more affordable, and at $350, it is worth the $$$$?
Thanks in advance.
Push, Avy, Stratos are all on the table.

Attachments

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
I like it.

ieatsoap said:
Anybody have any FEEDBACK on this shock?
Just from what little feedback I have, I heard the REVIEWS of this shock are VERY IMPRESSIVE, similar to the Avalanche in function just more affordable, and at $350, it is worth the $$$$?
Thanks in advance.
Push, Avy, Stratos are all on the table.
I realize that there are a large number of Jefe-Haters out there, as they say it's a poor quality ripoff of the Avy, but if you can't justify spending the heap of bread on the Avy, then the Jefe is the closest you can get. I've got one on an '03 Haro Extreme (don't start, this isn't about the bike) and the Jefe hasn't needed a drop (excuse the pun) of attention in over a year. Jacking up the air pressure against the oil in the piggyback makes the spring rate ramp up at the end with great adjustability.

While at times, it's a little difficult to get the Stratos people on the phone, it doesn't sway my opinion of the product.

The rebound goes from being almost too fast for most people, to a little over a second to fully extend, so the adjustability is vast. I didn't get the compression damping option, so I can't comment on it.

Although I've never ridden an Avy, the Jefe fills all of my needs and then some. If there was a SPV-type option, I'd put one on my Bighit eventually, but the Swinger is working excellently so far.

The only downside of the Jefe are the lame stickers they put on to make it look like polished stainless with rivets or something..........just peel them off and apply a little acetone and problem is solved.

good luck
bill

·
Registered
524 Posts
Yeah, ive also been thinking about one....ill probably hold onto my 5th until it goes bust though. Looking on their website, apparently they make inertia valve upgrades for many forks. Shivers, Boxxers, Fox's, z1s....that might be cool to pick up.....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.