Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
7,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any single speed riders doing the StrathPuffer as soloists in January?

There will now be prizes for a single speed class. These will provided by the organisers of the Scottish Single Speed Championship, not by the organisers of the StrathPuffer, so if you are entered as a solo and planning to race it on a SS, it would be appreciated if you could let us know at [email protected] (NB it's .co.uk, not .com).

It's not necessary to contact us, but helps us because we know how many prizes to find. Giving us this info is (rightly) a low priority for the StrathPuffer organisers.

·
Registered
7,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just bumping this, in case it's been missed over the holiday period.

·
Registered
7,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We're intending to do the SSSC again, but the date isn't fixed yet. Expect it to be close to the longest day of the year though.

It would be done like last year and be run in parallel with a bigger event so we can get the use of the facilities we could not afford otherwise with our smaller numbers.

Some people have said that running a SS championship for 12 hours at night is a bit much, but we reckon it's more fun that way.

You doing the 'Puffer?

·
Registered
7,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
RockStarRacing said:
...i cant do 12 hours solo...
If you did a few hours you'd still knock up more laps than me :)

We had a secret beer stop last year - will try to repeat it. (Just a wee bit anxious about cruelling the pitch - the gearies don't like the idea of beer swilling SSers wobbling about on the same course as them).

·
Registered
7,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
robkhoo said:
I'll be at the Puffer in a team on a singlespeed... I'm not mad enough to attempt it solo.
I reckon it's better that way.

No standing around getting hypothermic while waiting for your team mate to come in. And if you're stuffed you can take a quick rest without worrying about the team results.

(Got to convince myself - must be daft - this will be my 4th solo 'Puffer on a SS)

BTW the forecast looks like it's going to be similar to the 2007 'Puffer. Make sure you've got spare pads.

·
Registered
7,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ha, young apprentice! Looking to cast off your degenerate habits? So you have been dipping a toe into single speed waters, obviously looking for ways to convert to the one true gear.

BTW "datako" was a name of one of my companies, and I used it for a lot of accounts in the early days, but it's more appropriate to keep it for company business, and use something else for bikes.

On that account I reckon you'd better have the kettle on next time I see you - with biccies...:thumbsup:

·
Registered
7,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Prizes for solo single speeders at the StrathPuffer 2009

Prizes for solo single speeders at the StrathPuffer 2009:

There will be a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd for the gentlemen, the same for ladies.

Also some best in class to be decided on the day. There may or may not be some random stuff, depends what gets thrown into the pot by supporters.

There will also be a £100 cash bonus if the first male or female solo also wins overall male or female solo (ie beats the gearies).

·
Registered
7,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
cullen_bay said:
so whoever has that £100 right now, has it in a safer place than any bank!
i make that 3-1 to me.
It's in ma sporran:thumbsup:

(and it's £200 - I expect the SSers of both genders to slaughter the gearies in the coming mud bath this Saturday)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.