Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Moose Member
2,195 Posts
I roll around on my face to much to no strap my helmet on. hope that guys okay, looks like he was going fast, and went down even faster. he certainly looks like he hasn't realized whats going on yet.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I saw that on Vital or PinkBike today. Not a happy situation.

How much better off would he have been if he transferred some of that impact into the throat/ jaw area?
Not the point. What's the purpose of wearing a helmet if you're not going to use the strap. Why not put on a parachute over your arms but not strapping it around your chest (or however those things go on). I don't know how bad this guy was hurt, if much at all, but I don't think it would have been as bad if he has strapped the helmet.

·
Look at the time!
1,139 Posts
Also, what is the point of a Leatt when your helmet isn't strapped on. The Leatt is just going to lever the helmet straight off your head when your head hits the ground, exposing you to both head and neck injury.

Quite possible he just forget to clip in the chin strap, I've done it before. Noticed something slapping against my throat halfway down the trail, oops.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
I saw that on Vital or PinkBike today. "Not a happy situation...Why not put on a parachute over your arms but not strapping it around your chest (or however those things go on)."

LOL, :thumbsup:I had a guy in my squad, in the 82nd airborne, that lost a testicle because he decided to leave his leg straps loose, rather than snug.:eekster:

·
Some Assembly Required
4,063 Posts
Czech out hiz left hand - NUMBER ONE BABY, ALL THE WAY DOWN !!!!!! A good "cap'n" alwayz, alwayz, ALWAYS goes down with hiz ship/bike. :D

·
Registered
678 Posts
anyone notice his forehead is like1" from a rock? maybe he didn't hit the rock but if he did, what a diff the helmet would have made

·
Registered
757 Posts
I saw that on Vital or PinkBike today. "Not a happy situation...Why not put on a parachute over your arms but not strapping it around your chest (or however those things go on)."

LOL, :thumbsup:I had a guy in my squad, in the 82nd airborne, that lost a testicle because he decided to leave his leg straps loose, rather than snug.:eekster:
First ouch thats gotta suck. Secondly my dad was 82nd so hats for an All American.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
I thought the point of not wear gloves was to make strapping your helmet on easier. :D
Either way I hope he's ok.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
I saw that on pinkbike earlier but dang, it still looks painful. Just judging by the equipment he's using I honestly would not have expected to see that happen but I agree, hopefully all is well and he's alright.

·
Registered
144 Posts

Lessons learned the hard way. :eekster:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts