Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I recently upgraded my 2005 epic comp frame with a brand new 2007 epic maraton frame.

There is huge gap between the shock extension and the shock link seeing from the front of the bike, but very tight (almost rub with the carbon link) seeing from the back.

I think/more logical that it should be in the opposite way (as with the fox brain).

Can any afr epic owner confirm that this is the right setup? (If not my frame was assembled wrong in the factory...)

I just hope that my first question in the forum not a stupid one.

Thank you for any help.

Machine Steel Carbon

Logo Close-up Aluminium Carbon

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, so afr quite different in this point also than the fox brain.

Thanks for the clarification.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Read my mind!

You read my mind with this post and pictures. I noticed a couple of weeks ago that my '07 Epic Marathon looked the same way. I had never noticed it before and got worried. After going to a few different local shops that sell Specialized, seeing that many of the marathons were set up just like your picture, and asking an employee about it, I realized that it is not a problem. Whew!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
jfh said:
After going to a few different local shops that sell Specialized, seeing that many of the marathons were set up just like your picture, and asking an employee about it, I realized that it is not a problem. Whew!
Yes, I should do the same, but in my country Specialized a rare brand (and the epic is quite rare). So for me it's not possible going to a different shop :)

Thank you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts