Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
stoneblender
380 Posts
Master_Jako said:
Hi, im a freerider from NYC and im going to be heading up to stowe vermont soon for vacation. im going to hit the local shops there for some riding but wanted to see if any one here know about places to freeride or down hill in stowe. thx for your help.
Go to Bolton Valley. It's not in Stowe, but well worth a trip regardless. The boys at Irie Cycles in Stowe can give you the low-down. Check out Waterbury and the Mad River Valley, they also have some prime tech. Go to Stark Mountain Bikes for info on the MRV.

John
www.vmba.org

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sounds good, but, is there anytype of riding other than the recreational path up there? theres gotta be something in the name of freeride--for DH, i could jus stop by MT snow. but scince ill be spending most of my time in stow, chillin by the pool, id like to hit some local trails. if anyone knows good rides in stowe, lay down your thoughts. thx for the info atkinson. ill check those rides out.

·
The Riddler
1,049 Posts
its kind of tough up there because its all private land and it is difficult to get trail access. Checking out the shops would be a good idea since they can point you in the right direction

·
stoneblender
380 Posts
Nothing to see here but lame bike path riding ...

Not. Don't worry about finding the goods. Stop by Irie or call ahead to find out about getting on a group ride. 802-253-1947. Tell'em I sent you for extra special treatment. ;)Hardy and Dana are tireless advocates and trailbuilders. There is stuff out their door which is legal. The Stowe Mountain Bike Club(VMBA) has been very successful legitimizing trails in the area, although there are still landowner issues. Be respectful.

For info on the MRValley area, call Dave at Stark Mountain Bikes, 802-496-4800. Bolton is on the web and there is a toll-free number.

Good luck and have fun.

John

·
Re-friggin'-Lax!!!
630 Posts
There's definately stuff in Stowe/Mad River Valley.

Master_Jako said:
sounds good, but, is there anytype of riding other than the recreational path up there? theres gotta be something in the name of freeride--for DH, i could jus stop by MT snow. but scince ill be spending most of my time in stow, chillin by the pool, id like to hit some local trails. if anyone knows good rides in stowe, lay down your thoughts. thx for the info atkinson. ill check those rides out.
The riding is amazing tech. single track for the most part. Some FR stuff is around (check with Irie Cycles) If you want MORE DH/FR do Bolton (August 7-8 more @ www.boltonvalley.com) they're having a freeride weekend and have crazy stunts set up (Burried Child Abductor Van). That mountain is fun to ride. Definately check the mad river valley too that whole area is amazing (stark mtn will know the trails you are looking for).
Mtn Snow is nice, however Stowe, Waterbury, Bolton are all 45 minutes to Burlington, which is a really fun place off the bike (food and drink run in the streets) with lots of big shops

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.