Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
life is a barrel o'fun
2,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Many, many thanks to those who put together the Stoopid 50. We drove there from NYC on Sat. and rode to the 29-mile mark yesterday, which was expected since we hadn't trained for the whole shebang.

Route was well-marked, starting line wasn't LeMans-style :thumbsup: and the course was :eek: Most impressive of all, was the support- very friendly and helpful volunteers, both the BF and I were really pleased with that. Even the bike shop in town unlocked the front door to help us with directions on Sat!

Hope to return and actually finish next year; but for now, we treated it as a training ride for other races. You guys sure are lucky to have that kind of terrain in your backyard.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Christine you are so right...everyone involved really did do a great job...having all that food was incredible...the trails were awesome...how about that hike-a-bike??? whew!! Now I'd really like to see the pictures from all those people taking them...
Ed

·
life is a barrel o'fun
2,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
226 Posts
cableguy46 said:
Christine you are so right...everyone involved really did do a great job...having all that food was incredible...the trails were awesome...how about that hike-a-bike??? whew!! Now I'd really like to see the pictures from all those people taking them...
Ed
Jesus Ed, you're everywhere :D

See ya Sunday ?

Tim

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
uh oh watch out...I lurk everywhere...I know..."get a job"...darn it...I plan on that today, so I'll have to do this at night only AFTER my nightly rides...look forward to seeing ya Tim...have a good week...
Ed

PS Still looking for pictures from Stoopid...I saw those from your post nmb guy...but there was this guy on "The Boulder" with a pretty cool profesional set up, he got a good picture of me clearing it, just curious where we might find that...

Thanks,
Ed

·
---
76 Posts
Here's what my gps had to say about the day.

Sweet trails and a good course. Poor gearing choice on my part but still had a good time. Did a long write up on the blog (link below).

·
life is a barrel o'fun
2,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Beautiful write-up!! You were one of the fixed weirdos? I wanted to ask if I could try the fixed mtb around the parking lot at the finish- am nuts about my track bike and fixed mtb is intriguing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts