Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Elitest thrill junkie
40,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for something that would allow me to hold my fire-extinguisher on my stomach (camelback will be on my back) while riding my mountain bike. I want to be prepared. Do not want to hear from anyone who disagrees with being prepared in the forest.

Reactions: car bone

·
Elitest thrill junkie
40,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a lightly use avy-d stinguisher with nib rogue dh tummy pouch.. such little rain this year though, not sure I should get rid of it.
If you only have to use it once, it was worth it.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Not this again!!! Do you not know how to search?

OK, one more time.

I typically keep mine in my right rear jersey pocket. I balance it out with a fireman's ax in the left jersey pocket. Keeps it from bouncing around.

I've heard there are mom and pop leather shops that will make you a custom one to your specifications though. That's what we do around here.

You know this will turn into 6 pages of people railing against fire extinguishers and you will get very little useful information......

Good luck.

·
Registered
6,995 Posts
They are great for putting out fires, chasing off bears, and defending against the occasional crazy homeless guy living out in the woods. Not sure they do much against zombies though so if the apocalypse hits while you're out on the trail, you might be S.O.L.

·
Elitest thrill junkie
40,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Elitest thrill junkie
40,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Did a quick search, guess you are seroius? You must be the most prepared person ever. To each their own. Sorry to hi-jack your thread.
I don't live in ignorance that forest fires don't happen.

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
I've got an idea. How about making your bike's frame into a fire extinguisher? It wouldn't take much to seal it off and install a charging valve. It could have a little pressure meter on it like regular fire extinguishers - maybe mounted on the headset cap! How cool would that be? With your bike being a rolling fire extinguisher, you don't have to worry about leaving it home. The sprayer nozzle could be mounted to the head tube and be actuated by a bar mounted lever. That way you could ride right into the flames with your extinguisher blazing. An added benefit would be emergency braking provided by the reverse propulsion. One possible downside would be having your highly pressurized frame exploding on big hits, but that seems a small price to pay for being able to put out forest fires without even having to dismount.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.