Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
giddyup!
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Bike was stolen off my car during post-ride drink last night. Not sure if I forgot to lock it (prolly) or if lock was picked. Was mounted via fork-mount carrier. I still have the front tire. :rolleyes: Here's the goods:

Most distinguishing features: White OnOne Inbred, copper (orange) Avid brake levers and brake arms, swept-but-flat handlebars.

Add'tl features:
-penny-size dent on left side of top tube 1/3 of the way from the seat tube to the head tube
-swept flat handlebars with clear grips
-Cane Creek Thudbuster seatpost
-Selle Italia Flite Trans Am saddle
-Bontrager Race Lite rear wheel (2002?) with ceramic coated rim braking surface (rear wheel is all black/dark gray - hub, spokes, rim)
-steel cog (3 welded together, 2 14T sandwiched on one 18T) with PVC spacers
-XTR (952) cranks with black 5-arm spider and bash guard

Variation from pictures: Bike now has shorter (black) stem and the aforementioned Bontrager rear wheel and Thudbuster seatpost.

If you see this bike, please let me know! I don't have much hope of recovering it, but who knows? ericpdx70 at hotmail dot com

Thanks!

Eric

Attachments

·
Registered
15,988 Posts
NRSLove said:
Bike was stolen off my car during post-ride drink last night. Not sure if I forgot to lock it (prolly) or if lock was picked. Was mounted via fork-mount carrier. I still have the front tire. :rolleyes: Here?s the goods:

Most distinguishing features: White OnOne Inbred, copper (orange) Avid brake levers and brake arms.

Add?tl features:
-penny-size dent on left side of top tube 1/3 of the way from the seat tube to the head tube
-swept flat handlebars with clear grips
-Cane Creek Thudbuster seatpost
-Selle Italia Flite Trans Am saddle
-Bontrager Race Lite (2002?) ceramic coated rim
-steel cog (3 welded together, 2 14T sandwiched on one 18T) with PVC spacers
-XTR (952) cranks with black 5-arm spider and bash guard

Most unusual items are probably the handlebars and orange brakes.

Variations from pictures: Bike now has shorter (black) stem and the aforementioned Bontrager rear wheel and Thudbuster seatpost.

If you see this bike, please let me know! I don?t have much hope of recovering it, but who knows? ericpdx70 at hotmail dot com

Thanks!

Eric

No! NO!!! I'll keep an eye out in Cental Oregon. Man, that blows!

·
Registered
590 Posts
Arrrrrgggggghhhhh!!

Dang it Eric, what is the world coming tooooo!
I'd say you should move to a nice small town like Longview but I've had more bikes stolen than most people own!

I'm just disturbed..by this I mean.

ack

bob

·
Witty McWitterson
5,023 Posts
If it was locked, car insurance or homeowners should take care of it. I know, it won't be the same, and you'll be out a bike for the time being, but at least you'll get something back. Bummer. I've had some taken exactly like yours. My homeowners covered 'em both. Thankfully we got the wifes SS back, but mines long gone.

·
highly visible
3,271 Posts
That sucks!

Really sorry to hear it. Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. Bike thieves should have their own cranks removed. Preferably using an 8mm allen wrench.

Strikes fear into me too. Today's the first time I've left my precious new Vulture sitting on the car during the work day in anticipation of tonight's ride. I was nervous enough about it this morning to not only lock the fork clamp, but I also cable-locked the bike to the rack too. Maybe I'll head out at the end of lunch hour and check on it ... in any case, I'll be in Forest Park tonight, so I'll keep an eye out for a hot white On-One.

I hope it comes back.

- Dan

·
giddyup!
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sellwood rocks!

Thanks for the well wishes, fellas!

Plan of attack:

File police report.
Make a flier & post it at local shops.
Ride frequently in Forest Park.
Keep eyes open for slick new things I might want on my new bike... Like disc mount sliding dropout.

I love Sellwood cycles. I called those guys, and they said, "Oh, yeah! I remember your bike! If any On*One shows up in our shop, we'll give you a call!" I had the bike in their shop for 15 minutes 2 months ago, and the guy remembers it.

·
mudnthebloodnthebeer
585 Posts
I'd add calling pawnshops to the list. I think you should definitely alert shops like CityBikes that deal in used components as well.

I'll be looking for it in Forest Park too, but it's hard to imagine someone who'd have the gumption to actually ride it being low enough to steal it. It was probably some tweaker-they get all their exercise picking imaginary bugs out of their filthy hides.......

1 - 7 of 7 Posts