Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Anchorage, AK
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Someone stole my daughter's red fat back from her school in Anchorage where it was locked up. I am totally bummed. Maybe someone here will spot it. It had green decorative rim tape with a dyno hub in front, Dillinger studded tires, and a rear rack.

Note the fork was replaced with a gray custom one.

stolen bike.jpg

·
Registered
286 Posts
Check Craigslist in your area. Just recently a guy had posted on facebook Fat Trader that his expensive fat bike stolen and it was located in a few DAYS, picked up and returned back to owner.

Good luck!

·
Registered
507 Posts
That sucks! I also see where from the same school there was a green 907 stole, what low lifes hope everyboby gets their bike back

·
Anchorage, AK
658 Posts
i freaking hate thieves!! Lars, I'll keep a look out as well. I'm out on the trails or biking around town just about everyday. I also look on craigslist and Alaskaslist religiously. I had a K2 stolen from me this fall so I know how it is. Also a good idea would be to talk to the guys at Speedway Cycles incase the perp tries to bring it in. I saw a guy try to bring a stolen bike in to the Bicycle Shop a couple of years ago without a seat post. Turns out it belonged to one of the mechanic's. With any luck, it'll turn up.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I saw a guy try to bring a stolen bike in to the Bicycle Shop a couple of years ago without a seat post. https://******************/ce31.jpg

·
Anchorage, AK
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everyone for the advice and encouragement. I really appreciate it.

·
turtles make me hot
11,506 Posts
Who steals a little girl's bike? Pisses me off that there's dirtbags in Alaska too.
I thought we had em all here in NY.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Who steals a little girl's bike? Pisses me off that there's dirtbags in Alaska too.
I thought we had em all here in NY.
They're all over. Some piece of **** stole my son's Trek Jet 16 last summer.

Lars, good luck. Hope your daughter and her bike are back together soon!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Lars,,,,what Anchorage school? That would help us concentrate our effort.

Also.........."...... saw a guy try to bring a stolen bike in to the Bicycle Shop a couple of years ago without a seat post and it ended up being owned by one of the bike mechanics...."

I wonder if you are talking about the bike I brought in to the Bicycle Shop on Northern Lights Blvd.? My story is similar.

Here is a little story: One Monday morning a friend found a bike at his business along with some graffitti and some vandalism. It was a decent Lager fixie set up for bike polo. I traded him some cheap 7.62x39 ammo in exchange for the bike with the understanding that if the bike owner was found I'd get a hundered bucks for the ammo (the vandalism at the business was minimal and the graffittti was not very artistic). The business-owner is a bike lover also, but didn't have time to search Anchorage for the owner of the bike.

Since I know what having a bike stolen feels like, I wanted to get this bike back to the owner so I got word out and searched around for the likely owner and held the bike for nearly a year. The Bicycle Shop on N.L. was one of the places I had originally canvassed to find the owner of this distinctive fixie! FYI.

....anyway..............I took it in to set it up with some different bars, stem, seat, and post..........and one of the sales guys at TheBicycleShop on N.L. recognized it as owned by the bike mechanic for Sunshine Sports. I stopped putting parts on it and he called the owner...............who showed up in about 10 minutes.

Mark down one stolen fixie returned to owner. PS....the owner did not know it was missing......

·
Anchorage, AK
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The bike was stolen from Romig Middle School near Minnesota and Northern Lights. Three other bikes were stolen at the same time, including a green 907.

--Lars

·
Registered
154 Posts
What about putting a decoy bike (WalGoose?) out there with a camera viewing it..
...or maybe tape a cheap cellphone up under the seat and let them theive the bike.....the phone could be tracked.

....I would absolutely NOT let this go away without a strong effort. It pisses me off.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Schools need to place cameras covering the bike racks. If the school districts can't afford the expense for them and the installation, then maybe parents can hold benefits to raise the monies.

·
Anchorage, AK
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Schools need to place cameras covering the bike racks. If the school districts can't afford the expense for them and the installation, then maybe parents can hold benefits to raise the monies.
There was a camera, the police are checking. With a little luck, the license plate of the perp will be visible.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
...how could ANY school district allow ANY vehicle onto a campus without having some readily identifiable record of it...the laissez-faire mentality baffles me...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Missing 9:zero:7

My daughter's medium sized lime green 9:zero:7 was another one of the bikes taken. It has dillinger studded tires on rolling darryl rims with green rim tape. Thanks to all for keeping your eyes peeled.
Al Mitchell

·
Registered
286 Posts
My daughter's medium sized lime green 9:zero:7 was another one of the bikes taken. It has dillinger studded tires on rolling darryl rims with green rim tape. Thanks to all for keeping your eyes peeled.
Al Mitchell
I suggest that you do the same and send a *Friend* to Fat Bike Trader on Facebook. It will give you more visibility. Also check often with ebay and Craigslist.
Good luck! We can't let these punk azz fools win.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/fatbiketrader/

1 - 20 of 106 Posts