Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
That SUCKS! Just curious.... Where were you parked and was the bike left on the rack for a while or? Sure been a lot of bikes stolen lately. Fricken bastards.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's my friends bike, in a parking garage at work. He purposely parked it in view of 2 security cameras, but so far head of security said that it only captured the end of his car doors??! He put in for a request to view surveillance video next week, hopefully something shows up!

·
Registered
342 Posts
It's my friends bike, in a parking garage at work. He purposely parked it in view of 2 security cameras
Can't tell you how many times I've taken my bike and locked it up in my parking garage. I use 2 kryptonite locks and a cable but still, it is unsettling to think that people would do that crap.

·
Break it, Fix it, Ride it
1,940 Posts
Had mine taken out of a bike pen at work, 4pm in the afternoon under a camera. All it caught was the sun and the top of his head. In and out in less than 30 seconds. If we had badge out doors to the pens, it wouldn't have been so easy. A cable lock is junk. Only a U-lock gives me any kind of piece of mind, and I'm still sketchy about it. I lock my bike up on the car roof rack sometimes (if I can't avoid it) and I'm still waiting for the day when some jackass takes the bike with the tray still attached.

·
Vincit qui patitur
745 Posts
I always bring my bike inside at work. I also park my motorcycle outside my door when I ride that.
The boss questioned it once. I asked if they were going to pay for the replacement if something happened? Never questioned again.
Soory to hear, hope he finds it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts