Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Merry Christmas! Someone took this out of my locked garage in West LA. Any help is much appreciated. I've never had a bike stolen before so if anyone has pointers that might help with recovery, please let me know. Posted on Bike Index and filed a police report.

2015 Salsa El Mariachi Single Speed, Orange with White Rigid Fork

The fork has two yellow dents where it was bumped into a parking garage ceiling on a roof rack.

Brooks C15 saddle, black

Gravity Dropper

SLX brakes and cranks

Attachments

·
GONE
25,870 Posts
Check ebay, craigslist, pawn shops, report it to the police, and if you have homeowners or renters insurance- alert them.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have been checking ebay and CL, didn't think about pawn shops. Police report filed, calling insurance tomorrow

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
815 Posts
Besides checking all those places, be persistent and don't give up! Sometimes a stolen bike can be posted weeks or months later. That's what happened to a buddy of mine. You have a pretty distinctive bike so it should be easy to identify it if it is listed. And then let the police help you get it back. Good luck!

·
One ring to mash them all
2,958 Posts
Sorry to hear.

Check CL outside of your general area. E.g. years ago a bike stolen from someone I know in San Diego showed up on the SF Bay CL.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts